Friday, February 8, 2008

Fenway Flashback: Hey Now, You're an All-Star


I'm not a huge All-Star game fan. This year, I tried hard to be a good American League fan and root for the team even if that meant rooting for A-Rod. It's been awhile since I've watched a Yankees game, so I thought I could do it. I tried to do it, but then this happened:

I know it's just me. I really wanted to see Beckett throw a perfect 2 innings in the All-Star game. I know. I didn't want to see him give up any hits, so I just imagined A-Rod standing still as a ball rolled by him and was called a "hit". I'm sure it was a hard hit ball and A-Rod had no chance at it and that he was playing a perfect position for 3rd base and not chatting distance from short stop. I vowed to be a better fan. I would root for the American League team -- the whole team. And then this happened:

What the heck? I've seen better base running at Little League games... Try as I might. I really hate A-Rod...

No comments: