Monday, April 13, 2009

I thought I had it bad

It's getting painful to watch -- or in my case, listen to Sox games. I was blacked out on mlb.tv today since Oakland is a mere 4 hour drive away, so I listed to the game on GameDay Audio and watched the coverage on GameDay. That is actually fairly cool. Nonetheless, when Lester gave up 5 runs in the second I looked around mlb.com to distract myself from the agony of being a Sox fan. I ventured over to the Yankees page because they were losing and I wanted to see what Wang's ERA was. The had a picture of Nick Swisher as the pitcher in the 8th. I scoffed and made some comment about how inaccurate mlb.com is. Then the fellows on RKO said that Swisher had pitched the 8th. WTF??? So I went over to the box scores.

Not only did Swisher pitch, but he was the star of the pen, shutting down the Rays offense. I don't know if that makes Swisher amazing or the Yankees pen absolutely pathetic......

No comments: