Saturday, May 31, 2008

500!

I remember finishing my Master's degree. I remember sitting in that meeting, answering question after question. I remember walking out into an empty office knowing I'd done it-- that i had finished. I remember the lack of event. No fireworks. The world didn't stop. The lack of fanfare was shocking and disappointing. Years of study went into that lack of fanfare. Many many more years went into Manny's lack of fanfare at Camden Yard.

I hate MASN. I watch all the Sox games on MLB.tv (more on that later) and I see all the other networks. Obviously I find NESN the most entertaining. And in a close second I dig YES. And Way way way in last are the biased boys of MASN. They are the ones who reported that Shill's sock was a fake. So yes, if Manny were to hit his 500 with the absolutely least appreciative network, it would surely be MASN. They never miss an opportunity to insult Manny. And they didn't even after Manny inducted himself unceremoniously into the hall of fame. I feel blessed to have witness this, Manny's 500th homerun, the 24th such homerun to be hit in major league baseball. Clearly, we are all blessed to have witnessed such a hitter as they clearly do not come along every day.

No comments: