Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Phewwwww! The family is intact...

So the Mets are gonna get Santana. Yes, it would have been nice to have another established Cy Young caliber starter, but Santana going to the Mets is best case scenario in my mind because (A) we get to keep our kids -- Ellsbury and Lester, (B) the Yankees didn't get Santana either and (C) Santana now plays for the National League, so who cares!

I would be the most cautious trader if I were in power. I can't even begin to count the number of times that the Sox trades have come back to bite us in the ass -- For instance, last night I watched cutie Kason (like Jason with a K because he gets a lot of them ;)) Gabbard get his second win of the season against his future team, the Texas Rangers. And the day before that and the day before that I watched Eric Gag-me, still a Texas Ranger, throw 2 well pitched saves. It makes steam build between my ears to watch him pitch so well against us, knowing how shitty he pitched for us. Errrrr.... And to think we gave up a decent prospect like Gabbard to get him..errrrrrrr.... So no, I don't really like trades all that much. (Except the one that brought us Beckett and Lowell. That was a good one =))

No comments: