Friday, January 18, 2008

Fenway Flashback: And I'm Still Cuuuckooooo for Coco Crisp!

June 20, 2007
Turner Field, Atlanta

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I LOVE LEAD OFF HOMERUNS! JD Drew hit one against the Braves to start a little first inning homerun derby... Drews run was quickly followed by none other than my new favorite Red Sox, Coco Crisp! The Braves intentionally walked Tek (huh?) to pitch to my little Coco Crisp. Did they forget he hit two homeruns against them just 2 games earlier? Well, they must have thought it was a fluke, but they were wrong. Coco is hotter than hot... Check it:

Not to be outdone, Big Papi hit a homer in the second and the homerun dancing began:

A couple of innings later, Manny joined in the homerun fun. And then even Hinske got in on the action. Here's a little clip of all those big swings.

And here's even more dancing. This clip is a little long as the announcers are just fascinated by Manny being Manny...

That said, the weirdest part of the night. Tavarez threw a 7 inning shutout.. i might be starting to like interleague play =)

No comments: