Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Fenway Flashback: YANKEES SUCK!

June 1, 2007

I was hoping for a nice little Christmas day spent watching the Sox beat the Yanks, but instead, I was stuck with a seemingly endless Wakefield loss. It was, however, not without it's entertaining moments... like when Manny hit an RBI single without the RBI:

and then threw out A-Rod who thought he hit a double:

(Notice the fans with the masks -- this was just after A-Rod's infamous outing with that mysterious blonde who was so not his wife. I LOVe Fenway fans!)

Later, Manny ducks and dives to avoid a throw:

And finally, Proctor gets thrown out for throwing at Youk's head. Benches clear. I LOVE it when benches clear! Makes me wanna chug beer from a can and crush the can against my head. .. or maybe date someone who does... Listen to what's left of the crowd as it comes to life in a round of YANKEES SUCK!!

The thing about this one is that Youk gets hit all the time. I don't know if his horrible batting stance says HIT ME...or maybe it's his unbeatable hitting streak. But Youk always takes it for the team, shakes it off and prances down the first base line. He never seems pissed he got hit, but this time, he's up like a shot, ready to pounce. If Youk thinks it's intentional, then I think it's intentional... and Beckett probably thinks it's intentional which means the Yankees better watch out...

1 comment:

Liza said...

Hahaha. That was on my birthday--I'd been hoping for a Sox-creaming-Yanks birthday for months, and instead I got this. But no Yankees game is really complete without a bench-clearing... and this one delivered!