Saturday, November 24, 2007

Fenway Flashback: The Blue Suit

First a little Yankee Stadium flashback. I actually started to feel bad for the Yankees, who were on like a 7 game losing streak. But I didn't really feel bad enough to lose to them. =( Win or lose, it was all worthwhile to see A-Rod run like a silly school girl down the third base line. I also began to appreciate whatever it is that Tim Wakefield does, only because it was so much fun watching A-Rod whiff those knuckleballs.

Coco Crisp is back in the lineup and playing phenomenally. He's on base all the time and stealing left and right. He covers most of the outfield with his speed and he ever made a great diving, rolling catch against the As. I've been under the assumption that Coco will go as trade bait since he costs like 10 times what little Jacoby costs, but now I think I'll really miss him.



So back at Fenway, May 1, the highlight was not Coco's catch, but Don Orsillo's powder blue suit. Jerry Remy was obviously quite freaked by it. It made for some very entertaining broadcasting....

No comments: