Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fenway Flashback: Hinske Who?

May 17, 2007

First, here is the classic 5-2-5-1-6-3 run down executed picture perfectly by the Red Sox. Their little league coaches must be proud!

You know, I missed the drama that went on when the Sox acquired JD Drew, so I was not automatically biased against him. I actually find myself kinda liking him. Sure he strikes out more than he should but so does Manny. He does a good job in right field and seems to have good relationships with his teammates. And he's kinda cute ;) And like a player who'll do anything to get the fans to stop booing him, he tried to take one for the team, throwing himself hard into the bullpen wall. Unfortunately he came up without the ball and with a sore back.

So Hinske started in right field and the Tigers hit ball after ball in his direction, all falling in for hits. It had me really missing Drew. I'm not sure the results would have been any different, but Drew does quietly cover a lot of ground out there in right. But then Hinske did this:

Holy crap! He thought he was Coco Crisp out there... I love Hinske!! Oh don't worry he was okay... in fact, a few innings later Hinske did this:

The Red Sox won and Hinske became my new favorite player!

No comments: